Saturday, March 11, 2017

why I run

Running is seriously a mind game. Yes, it is physical. But I think it is more mental. You can get your body healthy and fit and ready to run. But if you don’t THINK you can run, you can’t. So here is my new way of thinking about running…

If I can run 1 mile, I can run 2.

If I can run 2 miles, I can run 3.

If I can run 3 miles, I can easily run a 5k.

If I can run a 5k, I can run 4 miles.

If I can run 4 miles, I can run 5.

If I can run 5 miles, I can run a 10k.

And that right there is my goal. To complete a 10k. And how am I going to get there?...
One mile at a time.


You see, I am on a journey. A recovery if you will. I am on a journey to making me a better self. To love myself. And I am on a recovery to get over my addictions and negative thoughts. And running is a way to help me get there. After all, if I can train my body (and MIND) to run a 10k, I can do anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment